[AMRadio] Re: new antenna...

Craig C. Heaton wd8kdg at worldnet.att.net
Wed Feb 7 10:43:33 EST 2007

Brett,

I think the numbers are somewhere out in the shack, but from memory; out
near the ends maybe
3/4 of the way from the center. Built the coils from scratch using #14
copper, wound it with some weed eater line as a spacer over some 4 inch pvc
drain pipe. Used two part epoxy as a binder, removed the pvc pipe and
soldered the coil over a 4 inch insulator near the ends of the dipole.

Received well enough to say it was resonate somewhere near my normal
operating frequency 3.870 MHz. For some reason it arced and sparked. Gave up
after a few days and put up a loop.

Craig,