[AMRadio] W5UY (ex:WA5QVS)

Geoff/W5OMR ars.w5omr at gmail.com
Thu Feb 8 00:39:19 EST 2007

I just found this in another list I subscribe to.  I know some of you have worked Dave in the past.
His previous call was *WA5QVS in Amarillo.

Thanks to Gene/WA5ETK for posting this.

I last heard Dave on the air, within the last couple of weeks.  Great guy.

--
73, Dave.
de W5OMR

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
*
Some of you may have had QSOs with David Henville, W5UY.  He is now a SK.
This obit was printed in today's newspaper:

David Lee Henville, Sr., 65, of Amarillo died Tuesday, Feb. 6, 2007.
Memorial services will be at 4 p.m. Thursday in Mescalero Baptist Church with Kevin Oakley officiating. Arrangements are by Rector Funeral Home Osage Chapel, 2800 S. Osage St.

Mr. Henville married Udonna Denise Sinks on July 16, 1966, in La Junta, Colo. He was a ham radio operator since the age of 15. He was recognized with an MIA Certificate by the FCC in Washington. God was first in life and everything else came second. He was a loving husband and father. He was a member of Mescalero Baptist Church.

Survivors include his wife; a son, David Lee Henville Jr. of Amarillo; two grandchildren, David Lee Henville III and Reba Marie Henville, both of Glasgow, Mont.; an aunt, Laura Maye Causey of Amarillo; and five cousins, Marty Bain of Stratford, Janette Gillis of Lamar, Colo., and Carol Causey, Mike Causey and Mary Jane Causey, all of South Dakota.

Amarillo Globe-News, Feb. 7, 2007

And here is David's entry on qrz.com:

 I ATTENDED TWO YEARS OF COLLEGE AND GRADUATED FROM GRANTHAM SCHOOL OF ELECTRONICS IN 1962.I PASSED MY SECOND CLASS FCC LICENSE IN 1962 AND THE FIRST CLASS IN 1968. I WORKED IN BROADCAST RADIO AND TELEVISION FOR 27 YEARS. I RETURNED TO AM MODULATION IN 1997. I WORK SSB BUT ENJOY THE WONDERFUL AUDIO OF AM. I ENJOY THE 3853 SSB GROUP AND WORK AM IN THE AM WINDOWS OF 3870-3890&7160-7295. I BUILD ANTENNA TUNERS FOR OPEN WIRE AND COAX. I LIVE ON FOUR ACRES AND HAVE LOTS OF ROOM FOR TOWERS AND ANTENNAS. I PREFER PHASED VERTICALS AND SWITCHABLE SLOPERS.I USE A AS NEW NATIONAL 183D, ON QUITE WINTER NIGHTS AM SIGNALS ARE LIKE HEAVEN TO MY EARS.I BECAME INTERESTED IN RADIO IN 1946 WHEN MY DAD GAVE ME MY FIRST RECEIVER.