[AMRadio] Re: meters...

Brett gazdzinski brett.gazdzinski at verizonbusiness.com
Fri Feb 9 23:24:38 EST 2007

The subject of multi meters has come up, and I
vote everyone gets a good one.
They are inexpensive now, and amazing.

I got a wavetech meterman, really cheap meter, but
it measures inductance from micro henrys, to henrys,
Pico farads to farads, frequency to 20 Mhz,
volts, ohms, current, etc.

Model 27XT, I think it was $60.00 new three years ago.

Wind a coil for the homebrew receiver local osc and measure the
inductance so you can duplicate it, measure unmarked chokes,
from little RF chokes to 20 henery chokes, etc.

I imagine it would be great for fixing old boatanchors
as you can measure caps to see if they changed values,
and you can measure unmarked chokes or coils to get the
value.

Quite handy!

Brett
N2DTS