[AMRadio] Ebay Buyer paying top dollar for Junk -

Mike Sawyer w3slk at hughes.net
Tue Feb 13 18:04:41 EST 2007

I like what he has here: "One Central Electronics Inc. Tube
Compressor/Limiter with controls for gain and peak reduction. Made by in
Chicago, IL in probably the 1950's or early 1960's. Adds a nice tube sheen
to everything that passes through the unit. Sounds great on vocals/acoustic
guitar/bass. Really mellow and beautiful sounding unit - perfect for adding
texture to your digital recordings. Unit works well but the VU meter isn't
always accurate. Seven tubes, three transformers."
I like my audio with a 'tube sheen' and there is nothing like having
'texture' to digital recording. Some wallow in it, some sling it better than
others!!!
Mod-U-Lator,
Mike(y)
W3SLK