[Fwd: Re: [AMRadio] Feedline Spreaders]

Stevan A. White w5saw at pathwayz.com
Thu Feb 15 11:15:06 EST 2007

As long as you're drilling and cutting, you might want to consider my
cheapskate solution.  Get yourself a package of 10 plastic clothes
hangars from your favorite dollar store (for a dollar) and knock
yourself out!  I got the black ones, they should be less susceptible to
the effects of UV, my wife won't fuss at me for cutting up her good
hangars, AND they match my wire.   ;-)   I haven't got a clue how many
spacers you can make from that many hangars because I haven't run out
yet.  I used the open wire feedline article on Cebik's website as my
"how to" reference for my 450-ish ohm line.  Once the Texas Panhandle
thaws out long enough to clean up all the tree limbs broken by snow and
ice I'll get it in the air and see how well it works.

Happy Hamming,
Steve White, W5SAW