[AMRadio] Transformers Revised

ARS W5OMR ars.w5omr at gmail.com
Mon Feb 19 00:51:47 EST 2007

On 2/18/07, Rick Brashear <rickbras at airmail.net> wrote:
> I just made a discovery.  The BT-20-A broadcast transmitter uses several
> filament transformers for the various stages.  All of them are rated at
> 100 volts AC primary.  All of the primaries pass through a voltage
> adjusting rheostat and volt meter to insure proper filament voltage on
> all tubes.   So, my earlier request for a 115 vac primary filament
> transformer was wrong.  It needs to have a 100 vac primary.

I've seen a lot of filament transformers that had 0 - 100 - 105 - 110
taps on the primary, with one secondary.  They're out there, Rick.

What voltages do you need?  I might have one.

--
Operating your AM rig without a scope
is like driving our car at night without headlights.(~K4KYV)

73 = Best Regards
-Geoff/W5OMR