[AMRadio] Transformers Revised

Rick Brashear rickbras at airmail.net
Tue Feb 20 10:22:37 EST 2007

Gary,
I sure do appreciate your advice and insight.  I agree completely about
the monitoring of the secondary instead of the primary filament
voltage.  I have no idea what GE was thinking other than to save a buck
or two by using one volt meter to set the filament on all the tubes
instead of individual ones.  It's just not good engineering in my book,
but it's what they did and I guess I'll stick with it.

Thanks again,
Rick/K5IZ