[AMRadio] WTB: National R-175 plate choke or equiv

Brett gazdzinski brett.gazdzinski at verizonbusiness.com
Thu Feb 22 08:24:56 EST 2007

The B+W 800 series chokes work well,
I have the 800 in my 2x813 rig that does 1.6
to 30 mc just fine.
The 800 series choke is just enameled wire close wound
on a ceramic form that is about 5/8 inch round.

Later ones might have been wound on plastic forms.

They are still around cheap.

Any plate choke that will handle the current should work,
I never found one that caused problems as long as it did not arc
to ground or melt from the current.

>From looking in the junk box, it looks like some homebrewers
or companies mounted them to close to ground as I have a few
that show arcing.

Leave plenty of space to ground and all other parts.

Brett
N2DTS