[AMRadio] Low modulation

Bill Smith hbco2 at sbcglobal.net
Sat Feb 24 23:17:07 EST 2007

I still suspect a phasing problem, perhaps a double error.  For example, the
feedback may not be crossed correctly at the input transformer, and to
compensate, the output transformer could be wired out of phase.  Do you have
a dual-trace oscilloscope and can you look at phasing throughout the
modulator stages?

Another thought is to temporarily disable one half of the push-pull
circuitry, perhaps by removing tubes.  If you get more output from one-half
the circuit, it would verify a phasing problem.

Wonder also if you have a large power resistor (200 w) of 2500-5000 ohms you
can temporarly substitute across the secondary of the output transformer.
Any modulation should heat it up fairly quickly and would proove the
function of the modulator circuit.

Bill