[AMRadio] Low modulation Gates BC-1T

SBJohnston at aol.com SBJohnston at aol.com
Mon Feb 26 23:44:57 EST 2007

k4kyv at charter.net writes:

> I mounted my BC1-T mod xfmr on ceramic standoffs and put a spark gap across
>
> the primary, each side of midtap to modulator plate.  Those xfmrs look a
> little anaemic to me.

I did the same to my transformer as soon as it got here.  I remember watching
the spark gap on an RCA 5T fire during some work on that rig and thinking how
if the discharge gap wasn't there we'd have been buying a new mod
transformer!

And when I converted an RCA 500MX to a 1MX I couldn't get a new modulation
transformer so I used the existing one but raised it up on for ceramic
insulators (probably robbed from the 5F we tore apart just before the MX arrived) to
minimize the stress on it.

Steve WD8DAS