[AMRadio] Chip needed...

Jim candela jcandela at prodigy.net
Wed Feb 28 23:48:57 EST 2007

-----Original Message-----
FromBrett gazdzinski
Sent: Tuesday, February 27, 2007 7:28 PM

I am looking for an IC chip to fix my swan wm-3000, I
replaced the diodes with 1n34a and it works fine on rms,
but the pep reading is still dead.
All the other parts check fine, so I need to get a
small 8 pin IC chip made by NEC with the part number
of C151C.
It says on the top of the chip:

 NEC r62
 C151C  319

Reply by Jim, WD5JKO:

Brett,

  This might be a longshot, but the 8 pin chip might be a dual op-amp.
Google for a data sheet on devices such as mc1458, tl072, lm358. The power
pins are 4 (gnd or -), and 8 (+). The outputs are pins 1, 7. The LM358 is
usually used with a single supply, and the others with dual +/- supplies.
All are readily available, and very cheap.

Regards,
Jim
JKO