[AMRadio] film caps

n1fcu n1fcu at yahoo.com
Mon Jan 1 05:46:42 EST 2007

I'v used mylar caps in the audio section of quite a
few old tube radios with almost no issues.  They don't
like a lot of heat but so far that has only been a
problem on one rig and that one cooked ceramics pretty
good too.  They have way too much inductance to used
in rf applications so I use ceramics there most of the
time.  On critical circuits I use Mica exclusively for
stability but they are pricey.
All life is a compromise.

John (n1fcu)

http://www.physicsenterprises.andrews.edu/diy_archive/references/capacitors.html