[AMRadio] Re: More AM Air Checks

VJB wa3vjb at yahoo.com
Tue Jan 9 04:36:09 EST 2007

Brian, your sound files and reception are so good I
can tell Dave's cold has gotten worse !

Here's a "before" snapshot of W9AD, when his voice was
smooth:
http://wa3vjb.amham.com/sound/7285-W9AD.mp3
And the sound file he's talking about that he made of
how I was being received on his SDR near Chicago came
through like this:
http://wa3vjb.amham.com/sound/7285-VJB.mp3
(QSO from October 2006)

Sunday Jan. 7, 2007 on 40 meters had an excellent QSO
that included Mike W8BAC, on another "Flex" SDR-1000,
I gotta tell you, they are THE rig to use on AM if
you're not running vintage gear.
http://wa3vjb.amham.com/sound/W8BAC-40M.wav
Brian, you're welcome to grab this 7MB wav file and
render it as an MP3 for your collection. (as well as
the others)

Liner notes:

Received at Annapolis, R390A, 8Kc off the diode load,
mastered on an Otari open reel, then rendered as an
uncompressed sound file through a Mac G4.

Paul/VJB