[AMRadio] Re: More AM Air Checks

Geoff/W5OMR ars.w5omr at gmail.com
Tue Jan 9 10:45:19 EST 2007

A.R.S. - W5AMI wrote:
> Great recordings Paul.  I did send them up to the archives.
>
> We should get together sometime and do some simultaneous recordings of
> some select stations and combine the audio into separate channels and
> sync.  This would give some interesting diversity reception effects!

There is some music software out there, that will let you add a track at
a time.
What a wonderful idea it would be, if there were 5 or 6 people who had
the ability to record something off the air, combine all of the signals
onto this one software program, combine 'em all to make 'a' synch'ed up
wave file

It'd be awesome to have three stations (north, Central and South) in
every time-zone capable of recording and then collect all the sound
files at one place.

Last night, I listened to Lum/K5AYD talking to Loney/W0GZV, and a QRP
station tried (W4 something - I never heard him) and then WA1KNX got
on.  Now, when Dean first fired up, he was -stout- into South Central
Texas.  As the QSO continued, his signal, as well as Loney's was
deteriorating.  There's no doubt that there are several tight lines of
magnetic flux up there, moving around like the tail of a kite in the breeze.

Which leads me to ponder...

How much of our HF RF energy ever gets 'above' the ionospheric layers,
to shooting off into space?

What I'm thinking would be cool, would be if we could get an HF receiver
on one of the satellites to listen to an AM frequency, and then 'repeat'
it back to earth on some other frequency (2m/70cm) then everyone could
listen to the V/UHF frequency and there'd be less HF propagation noise
to listen to.

Hey, while I'm dreaming...  ;-)

--
73