[AMRadio] Antenna tuner info

Jim Wilhite w5jo at brightok.net
Wed Jan 10 15:27:05 EST 2007

Brent, nylon rope will withstand quite a but of UV.  That
black stuff they sell is a bit better, but small nylon is
locally available for me, so I used it to guy the vertical
portion of my inverted L.  It has been up two summers and I
can't see any deterioration at all.

Almost all packages of rope have a chart on back that gives
information about its ability to withstand various elemental
conditions.  Check the package and one with at least 4 out
of 5 stars for UV will do fine.

I do all I can to keep anything metal as far away from high
current and voltage points on my dipoles.  Then I be sure
the ends of the dipole are almost as high as the center.
Those high voltage points will induce a lot of current into
adjacent obstacles including the ground, distorting the
pattern and reducing radiation efficiency.

Jim
W5JO