[AMRadio] Strange 10 Mc. signal

Rbethman rbethman at comcast.net
Wed Jan 10 17:06:44 EST 2007

The 121.5Mc is for aircraft emergency locater beacons and emergency air
traffic.  However, the aircraft beacons are NOT EPIRBs.

Those are for campers, hunters, and boats.

There STILL should NOT be one heard on 10Mc.

Bob - N0DGN

--

                            Bob - NØDGN
|          \\"""//    CraftyBob - WitchDoctor     \\"""//          |
|           (@ @)       Bob Bethman - NØDGN        (@ @)           |
+-------oOOo-(_)-oOOo--------------------------oOOo-(_)-oOOo-------+
| NØDGN AMRadio Manassas, VA    |    REAL Tube Radio and AM        |
+-------------------------------+----------------------------------+
|       Manassas Radio - Home of Homemade Kielbasa & Pirogi        |
+-------------------------------+----------------------------------+
| rbethman(at)comcast.net   \\ ~ ~ //      signal does *NOT* mean  |
|                           (/ @ @ /)      that everything is OK " |
+-------------------------oOOo-(_)-oOOo----------------------------+
|               <http://home.comcast.net/~rbethman>                |
| 1 BC-61ØI w/BC-614I,1 T-213/GRC-26 w/BC614I,1 '51 Collins R-39ØA |
|  SP-6ØØ/NR Type 159, Heath DX-6Ø, Apache, Mohawk, SX-1Ø1, HT-32A |
+-------.oooO---Oooo.---------------------------.oooO---Oooo.------+
|       (    ) (    )Opinions expressed are that(    ) (    )      |
|        \  (   )  /    of my own and do not     \  (   )  /       |
|         \_ ) ( _/represent those of ANYONE else \_ ) ( _/        |
|     Amateur Astronomer - Celestron Nexstar 8 & Meade ETX-6Ø      |
|           38 Deg 46'48.62"' N - 77 Deg 28'26.89" W               |
|            ALL E-mail received and sent scanned by AVG           |