[AMRadio] Strange 10 Mc. signal

Jim Wilhite w5jo at brightok.net
Wed Jan 10 17:24:12 EST 2007

The aircraft version is an ELT and transmits on 121.5 and
403 or so as I recall.  The EPRBS are in the UHF range and
has a similar warble.

That is the kind of warble I hear near 10 mc and am
wondering if anyone else is hearing it?  I agree it
shouldn't be there, but this is two times in less than a
week I have heard it.

I just tuned my Icom R-75 to 10002.5 and it is still there.
Can anyone else hear it?

Jim
W5JO