[AMRadio] Re: How much is too much

Geoff/W5OMR ars.w5omr at gmail.com
Fri Jan 19 18:27:26 EST 2007

john wrote:

> The Heath tuner you mention is a good one, but with high VSWR, and
> high power, any tuner can/will arc.  Be easy on the tubes and tuner,
> and do the tuning at a lower power, and all will be well.

that was the intent.  I screwed up.  Thought I said that the first time
around (still banging my head on the wall)

> Minor excursions in freq (and SWR) can be tweaked up during a
> transmission, but changing bands, or ends of 80M you'd be wise to back
> down the power and protect your rig and tuner (and your blood
> pressure! :-) ).

MUCH easier if the primary of the power supply to the Final had a VariAC
on it, instead of adjusting via link coupling, but I -swear- I'm working
on getting that power supply built.

--
73