[AMRadio] Frequencies

Theo Bellamy theo.bellamy at spirittelecom.com
Wed Jan 24 15:57:57 EST 2007

No ... just that they exhibit an awareness that if their carrier is zero
beat four kc below a LSB qso their USB component will clobber them. I
know the AM receiver will receive both sidebands.

I only mention it as I have been qrm'ed out of a few QSOs lately in the
3.6-3.7 area by AMers who didn't seem to realize they were close enough
to cause a problem.

Frankly I wish there was a separate AM subband. The modes are NOT
compatible. They haven't been for the 40 years that I have been on 75
meters, and I don't think that is going to change. I have believed AM
needs it's own frequencies since 1964. Trying to mix them up by calling
cq on AM wherever you please is fine, as long as you are careful about
it. I don't want to see raging AM vs. SSB wars up and down the band like
there was back in the 60s. That sucked. It brought out the worst in
everyone.

73 - Theo K4MO