[AMRadio] Re: Tuner Link.

k0ng at inebraska.com k0ng at inebraska.com
Thu Jan 25 23:39:52 EST 2007

The "balanced" part of the Johnson Tuner is the open wire line terminals that
operate through differential capacitors so have nothing to do with ground.

I use my Johnson 250 "backwards" by connecting 50 Ohm coax to one half of the
link. I cant remember for sure but I think I grounded the center tap.
It does not matter which side of the link that the coax center
conductor is connected to
(but not both). I "blocked" the relay into transmit position with a fibre
insulator to use the tuner in transceive. If you need the antenna
relay function,
dont block the relay.

Charlie,  K0NG