[AMRadio] D-104

Geoff/W5OMR ars.w5omr at gmail.com
Fri Jan 26 11:42:45 EST 2007

Rick Brashear wrote:
> My oldest "Lollipop" seems to be on the fritz.  It worked fine last
> night, I think.  I tried to make a couple of contacts and the audio on
> the scope looked right, but no one seemed to hear me.  This morning
> when I fired up the transmitter I got no audio.  It registers on the
> modulator plate meter of the BC-614 and the monitor scope when I tap
> on the mic, but nothing when I talk.  Has she gone south on me?  When
> I substitute another mic all works fine.

Clean the contacts....  if you're seeing something when you 'tap' on the
mic, I'd assume that there's a loose connection somewhere between the
mic head, and the mic plug.

The fact that you see something on the scope when you tap on the mic,
tells me it's probably between the head of the mic and the base.

--
73