[AMRadio] Wealth of help

Stevan A. White w5saw at pathwayz.com
Fri Jan 26 15:25:08 EST 2007

Hey Alan,

I am a "new" AMer myself but I have been a broadcast engineer for over
25 years.  I'm 49 but NOT eligible for QCWA.  I sure wish I was.  I was
discouraged from becoming a ham when I was in high school but the desire
never left me.  After getting past the hurdles of getting married,
buying a house, and having kids, I finally took the plunge and I'm
having a blast!

Just try to overlook the soreheads and the critics.  There's a lot of
'em out there but I've found out that there are even more who are
willing to encourage you and make this quite an enjoyable hobby.  If I
can help in any way, don't hesitate to ask.  Most everything I work with
is far bigger than most ham gear but I've found that the electrons don't
know the difference so they act the same whether in a BIG radio or a
little radio.  :-)

Several of us in Amarillo, Texas are thinking of forming the AMAAMA --
AMArillo AMers Association.  I don't know where you are but if there's
enough of you, you might consider the same; or, just get a bunch
together on the air.  Maybe the fever will spread!

Happy Hamming & 73,
Steve White, W5SAW