[AMRadio] Wealth of help

K3PID k3pid at sbcglobal.net
Sat Jan 27 12:38:23 EST 2007

The mentors are here Alan. I have asked for help on many occasions and I
have always gotten the info I needed or a pointer to the source. Three
things to keep in mind! If you ask specific technical questions ( what's the
DC resistance to the chassis of the T5 input side on the HQ-145 ) I doubt
that anyone in the list knows it off the top of our head but with a little
encouragement someone will find it. If you ask general operating and
procedures questions ( What is the proceedure for getting in to an existing
round table?) you will probably start a two mile long thread and most likely
see a lot of very opinionated responses. BUT, the most important thing to
remember Alan, is that most of the lists members fall into that vast
category of the silent majority. They only respond when that have the answer
OR they know where it can be found AND most of us just ignore the general
ranting that sometimes occupies the list. I subscribe to a couple dozen
lists and this one [AMRadio} is actually one of the quieter ones. That is
until someone encounters an obnoxious, rude, ignorant ham wanabe who figures
that somehow AM is not a real/valid/viable mode and since he/she doesn't
know the code and isn't AM capable, figures that making an ass of
himself/herself in the middle of an AM QSO........

OK, Sorry, I got carried away! But most of us are generally helpful and
pretty tolerant and if we can answer the question, we will!

K3PID
Ron H.