[AMRadio] new antenna and matchbox a bust.

Brett gazdzinski brett.gazdzinski at verizonbusiness.com
Mon Jan 29 12:18:38 EST 2007

Today I put up about 50 feet each side, up about 35 feet,
fed with 40 feet of open wire line.
Coming into the house I used 2 RG214 runs, with the shields
tied together at the ends, into the Johnson antenna tuner.

A worse working thing I ever put up.
It seems to work real well on receive, but the lowest
swr I was able to get on 80 or 40 was 3 to 1
and even then it acted crazy.

I also tried connection both to the single wire
terminal on the tuner, no go there, worse then ever.

I put my dummy load on the balanced antenna terminals
and it would not tune to a low swr at all.

I wonder how things would work if I left the antenna
at 100 feet and feed it with coax, and used the
heathkit antenna tuner to tune to 80 and 40 meters?

Brett
N2DTS