[AMRadio] new antenna and matchbox a bust.

Brett gazdzinski brett.gazdzinski at verizonbusiness.com
Mon Jan 29 12:40:37 EST 2007

>     Probably. W/out going into a lot of math - 50' is quite
> short, and not
> near a multiple or fraction, of the bands you mention.

50 feet is all I got...
If I let some dangle, it will be inside the trees...

>     "Fed with open wire line": Fed in the center?  What Z is
> the feedline?
> What Z is the feedPOINT of the antenna at the height and ground
> conditions?

Home made #14 about 4 inches apart.

>   Then you mention RG214 - how does the balanced(?) 'open
> wire line' make
> the transition to the coax? if the feedline is 450 ohms, you
> need a 4:1
> Balun at that point in your System.
>
>     Oooh, wait - do you mean you ran *two parallel runs of coax*
> side-by-side, "with the shields tied together at the ends"...?
>
>     Umm - that just won't work at all, I don't theenk.....

That is what wa1hlr told me to try.
Not sure if that was the problem or not.
Brick house, antenna tuner in a 6 foot rack cabinet
in the center of the basement. No easy way to get the
open wire line into the tuner...

As a G5RV type antenna into the heathkit tuner, it
seems to work real well for what it is.

Brett
N2DTS