[AMRadio] new antenna and matchbox a bust.

Brett gazdzinski brett.gazdzinski at verizonbusiness.com
Mon Jan 29 14:05:59 EST 2007

> Ok, I'll bite on a possible solution. Can't for the life of
> me understand
> why you would use RG214 back to the tuner. Two runs??? This
> isn't balanced.

Seems like it would be, why is it not balanced?
I only use the center conductor of each coax, one for
each leg of the open wire line.
I tried it with the shields grounded and ungrounded,
with no difference.

I never tried a loop antenna, I would wonder what
sort of pattern one would have.
What about a triangle?

No matter what shape I would try, getting the feedline
close to the house entry point would likely be impossible
given what I have to work with as supports.

I also have to stay away from phone lines, power lines
out at the street. The current antenna is at right angles
to the house and lines. That helps with the tvi stuff I think.

Brett
N2DTS