[AMRadio] New antenna results!

KA5MIR ars.ka5mir at gmail.com
Mon Jan 29 14:42:44 EST 2007

  At the frequency or frequencies you tested, you are probably right.  There
is a problem though, in that the current and voltage nodes don't stay in the
same physical location on the line.  They move with changes in frequency.
As long as the coax doesn't arc from high voltage or melt from heating, I
guess the only other problem would be the variable loss within the 15 feet
of coax.
  That may be an acceptable tradeoff if it allows you to get a signal on the
air where you couldn't otherwise.  I've had a few "interesting" circuits
here that I wouldn't recommend to anyone, but they worked for me at the
time.  Maybe this is one for you.

73',
Kent/KA5MIR