[AMRadio] new antenna and matchbox a bust.

Brett gazdzinski brett.gazdzinski at verizonbusiness.com
Tue Jan 30 13:43:57 EST 2007

Ok, I have some diodes marked fast switching,
rated at 200 volts and 200ma I think.
The 1N34a's are rated at something like 60 volts
and 40ma.
I wonder if the fast switchers would work.
Its such a pain in the butt to get at the diodes
in the tuner, and I don't think you can adjust
the pots with the tuner working as its built
into the antenna switch part.

This is going to be a huge pain in the butt to calibrate.
Leave it to heathkit to find something that's really
screwed up in the design.

I think it might be a good idea to save up for 2
nice tuners, one for 80 and one for 40, and just
switch between them.

Brett
N2DTS