[AMRadio] new antenna and matchbox a bust.

John Lawson jpl15 at panix.com
Tue Jan 30 14:27:59 EST 2007

On Tue, 30 Jan 2007, Geoff/W5OMR wrote:

> No disrespect intended, but that last statement alone, is enough for -me- to
> NOT want to use them.

    I think its referring to 'mining' the Ge diodes out of those "polluted"
devices, Geoff.

   And, as we all know: 'Partz is Partz...'

    Anent this discussion, germanium diodes are certainly avaialble, and
not that expensive.  I have a drawer or two of the older (late 50s) units,
but I'm savin' 'em for eBay, to finance my retirement.

    See www.mouser.com, part number 621-BAT54AT-F  a Shottky diode with
240mV forward drop - 60 cents each.  And that was the first one I landed
on - a bit of research will find more and better units for this
application.

   Cheers

John
KB6SCO