[AMRadio] Re: new antenna and matchbox a bust.

ne1s ne1s at neandertech.com
Tue Jan 30 13:54:08 EST 2007

Brett gazdzinski writes:

>> Ok, I'll bite on a possible solution. Can't for the life of
>> me understand
>> why you would use RG214 back to the tuner. Two runs??? This
>> isn't balanced.
>
> Seems like it would be, why is it not balanced?
> I only use the center conductor of each coax, one for
> each leg of the open wire line.
> I tried it with the shields grounded and ungrounded,
> with no difference.

It is balanced, Brett, as far as I can understand your configuration from
your description. The problem is this part of the feedline will have a
characteristic impedance different (lower) than the rest of your feedline -
which is OK, as long as you have adequate range on you're tuner to "suck it
up." It sounds like you don't, though.

 -Larry/NE1S