[AMRadio] Re: new antenna and matchbox a bust.

ne1s ne1s at neandertech.com
Tue Jan 30 14:05:23 EST 2007

Craig C. Heaton writes:

> Ok, I'll bite on a possible solution. Can't for the life of me understand
> why you would use RG214 back to the tuner. Two runs??? This isn't balanced.

Craig,

Consider this: Two pieces of coax, center conductors on the tranmitter end
fed with equal voltages 180 degrees out of phase (i.e., RF source has a
balanced output). Sheild of each piece of coax are tied together at the
transmitter end and grounded. Center conductors on load end are connected to
balanced load. At any given distance down the coax pair from the load, the
voltage from center conductor to shield is equal but 180 degrees out of
phase between the two pieces of coax; same deal with the currents in the
center conductors.

So what's not balanced?

 -Larry/NE1S