[AMRadio] Re: new antenna and matchbox a bust.

Craig C. Heaton wd8kdg at worldnet.att.net
Tue Jan 30 16:44:42 EST 2007

I give in: if the parts n' pieces raise the contacts you wish to QSO with so
be it. Sort of like trying to get some where, different routes all work. You
can travel east far enough to get back within two feet of where you started.
Easier just to do a 180 and take a step.

Why bother with playing with coax, switching to open wire, etc. Open wire
all the way is an easy balance situation, no muss, no fuss, and even a
johnson matchbox with limited range will work, given there is a real antenna
connected to the open wire.

Craig,