[AMRadio] Re: new antenna and matchbox a bust.

John Lawson jpl15 at panix.com
Tue Jan 30 22:36:34 EST 2007

On Tue, 30 Jan 2007, Geoff/W5OMR wrote:

> I don't think you're understanding what Brett is doing, Craig...

   Y'all might want to more closely re-read the original post..... we'll
wait for ya...

<cue Jeopardy music>

  .
  .
  .

</music>

  Now Hear This:

   Somewhere in the middle of this grand affair, Brett attaches a length of
(homemade) 'ladderline' to the end of the two coaxial cables - the
ladderline then proceeds to the feedpoint of the antenna. The "balanced
coax" does not.

   I'm looking at the coax as a specific set of impedances distributed
along the length, with possible effects from any interaction between them,
especially at the E and H nodes...

   Right now, as you say, it's 'speculation' - but I've found some
interesting things to explore, and I intend to trek that trail.

   Soon.

    Really soon...

    In closing I offer you the example of a coax balun...  it's just a run
of coax - so what if it's coiled in a solenoid?  Its still coax....

Cheers

John
KB6SCO
DM09fg