[AMRadio] Re: new antenna and matchbox a bust.

Brett gazdzinski brett.gazdzinski at verizonbusiness.com
Wed Jan 31 09:11:10 EST 2007

It started as the 2 coax balanced setup into the Johnson
matchbox. When that did not work, I made a G5RV out of it
and put it into the heathkit unbalanced antenna tuner
and it works well that way.

The G5RV setup has the antenna, then the open wire line,
then into ONE piece of coax into the tuner.

I got no idea if the 2 coax thing works or don't, is a real
problem or not, I know its not ideal, but the matchbox
not tuning the antenna was likely due to the overall
length of antenna and feedline (like Don said) that is
(likely) the worst possible length to try to get working
on 80 or 40 meters at about 90 feet long each side.

I suspect the matchbox might not tune that length even if
I ran the open wire line directly to the tuner.
Its way to cold out now to play antennas though!

Brett
N2DTS