[AMRadio] Re: new antenna and matchbox a bust.

Brett gazdzinski brett.gazdzinski at verizonbusiness.com
Wed Jan 31 20:21:19 EST 2007

Ok, what is better, horizontal or vertical for a loop?

How does the loop work compared to a resonant dipole?

What would happen if I went up a few feet from
the antenna as it is now, and ran back to the center?
That would be about 200 feet of wire.

Brett
N2DTS

> I know I keep harping on this 'loop' idea, but if your lot is
> triangle
> shaped, you could use the 'point' and then come out to each corner of
> the 'crust', and toss up as much wire as you possibly can,
> then use your
> open-wire line/450-ohm ladder line to feed the antenna.
>

> I recall seeing you said that the antenna wire you're using
> is insulated?

No, but you can buy insulated antenna wire.