[AMRadio] T-368 controversy

VJB wa3vjb at yahoo.com
Mon Jul 2 10:58:39 EDT 2007

I am passing along an unfortunate controversy that has
come up regarding the sale of a T-368, which had been
re-posted here as well as over on amfone.net, as
mentioned by the would-be buyer, below.  Proceed with
caution if this transmitter turns up elsewhere,
"repaired" from an accident, or whatever.
~~~~~~~~~~~~
Report from amfone.net registrant W9SWS, Illinois,
posted to the FOR SALE/TRADE section of amfone.net

This is in regards to the T-368 listed by WA9QNN,
here, on QTH.COM and twice on ebay, simultaneously.
First auction on ebay ended without the reserve being
met. The second auction (#170124646732) ended with my
WINNING bid on June 29, 2007, of $900.00.  He set the
reserve, I didn't. I met and/or exceeded the reserve
and had the WINNING bid.  I promptly paid WA9QNN via
paypal within a few hours of the end of the auction.
Approximately 24 hrs. after the auction, I received
notice from WA9QNN that because of an "accident" in
the garage, the T-368 was damaged and not for sale and
he returned my paypal payment. I requested that he
send me pictures of the damaged T-368.  He has ignored
my request. I find it curious that it is still listed
here and on other sights, still for sale at a higher
price and once again, he set the reserve, I
didn't...you do the math and consider yourself warned!