[AMRadio] T-368 controversy

Geoff/W5OMR ars.w5omr at gmail.com
Tue Jul 3 00:41:16 EDT 2007

WE0H wrote:
> What is his eBay user name? I'd like to read his feedback.
>
> Peter Markavage wrote:
>> Absolutely, Brian, but "consider the odds in this case" depends on what
>> you're betting on. Getting "ripped off" versus "a big let down" has
>> different lasting consequences.
>> Pete, wa2cwa

The original message, posted by Paul/VJB claimed that it was WA9QNN

I found the QTH.com ad (at least one of 'em)

http://swap.qth.com/contact.php?counter=598624
*Ad Number:* 	598624
*Date Placed:* 	05/26/07
*Name:* 	Ron Doering
*Phone Number:* 	715 882-2134
*Callsign:* 	WA9QNN
*Category:* 	RADIOANQ
*Heading:* 	For Sale: B&W T-368 AM Transmitter
*Ad Message:* 	This is a good, working T-368 Hi Power AM Transmitter. It
comes with a spare VFO module. Also, two extra modulator tubes and two
extra final amplifier tubes. It can be reviewed at W3026 N Lake Ln White
Lake, WI 54491. Pick up only unless shipper can pick it up. Approx. 800 lbs.
Starting price: $2,000.

Two messages were found containing WA9QNN... one was a plea for help,
back in 1998 from someone state-side because Ron/9QNN had moved from
Saudi Arabia to Japan and needed a transformer to step up his current
household electric to closer to 110v, and the other message was a 'thank
you for all the help', concerning Ron's move.

And, there's another ad by Ron for a Viking Valiant for $400, and a few
other hits here and there from good ol' Google.

Ebay didn't cough up any information when told to go look for wa9qnn.

I don't see any scam alerts or other 'red flags' being raised...

Now, if you wanna see something more along the lines of a 'scammer',
google search for k9ni/k7ov

--
-Geoff/W5OMR