[AMRadio] T-368 controversy

Rick Brashear rickbras at airmail.net
Tue Jul 3 09:51:37 EDT 2007

I had this happen a year or so back.  I sold a Gonset on eBay, the guy paid
with PayPal and all was great.  Like the klutz I am, I knocked it off the
bench when I was packing it.  The unit was badly bent and the meter broken.
I told the guy about it and sent him a couple of pictures.  He preferred to
get his money back which I refunded immediately.  When I got the transceiver
repaired the same guy won it again, for more money!  Go figure.  Honesty is
always the best policy.  The guy in question on the T-368 deal should at
least provide pictures of the damaged unit.  However, there can always be
extenuating circumstances in our lives and I for one would hate to condemn
the guy and dirty his reputation if he has cause for his actions.

Rick/K5IAR

On 7/2/07, Peter Markavage <manualman at juno.com> wrote:
> Of course, it might be wise to get the story from the other side, before
> we make final lasting conclusions. Hearing stories from other buyers,
> from this seller on their experience, also would help to formulate a
> conclusion for all of us. I dislike one-sided stories especially when it
> affects someone's reputation.

I would welcome it Pete.  His EvilBay ratings are not too good, and he
apparently has not spoken up on exactly what happened ...So  I welcome
anyone who has information on "the other side of the story" to post it
here, or even allow Mr. X to post it himself.  In the meantime, I
think we should consider the odds in this case and help one another
from getting ripped, or in this case, a big "let down" for Jim.