[AMRadio] WTB: AM IRON in the North Carolina area

Geoff/W5OMR ars.w5omr at gmail.com
Wed Jul 11 07:19:22 EDT 2007

Greg wrote:
> Hi:
> Anyone got a HF Plate Modulated AM transmitter for sale in North Carolina. Hopefully the coastal area?
> Looking for a desk top unit unit to restore and operate.
> Not looking for a mobile  or a broadcast type.
> An Apache would be good!
> Will buy or trade.

Grab a good ol' Johnson Viking II.  They're floating around pretty much
everywhere, mostly with VFO.
A pair of 6146's, modulated by a pair of 807's... sits on the desktop,
but it and a receiver will eat up most of the desktop.

They're sometimes referred to as 'gray anvils' ;-)

The most solid 100w high-level plate modulated rig, in my opinion.

--
73 = Best Regards,
-Geoff/W5OMR