[AMRadio] Re: WTB: AM IRON in the North Carolina area

EdwMullin at aol.com EdwMullin at aol.com
Wed Jul 11 19:14:20 EDT 2007

In a message dated 7/11/2007 2:42:03 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
ars.w5omr at gmail.com writes:

Maybe it's just personal opinion, but I've seen a couple of Viking I's,
and I don't know that I'd ever mount one of those in an open-rack, as
opposed to it's standard rack cabinet.  The front panel, to me, seems
rather 'flimsey' to support the weight of the power supply transformers
and chokes, as far back as they are.  The bottom (*I* think) needs to  be

most heavy rack mount items would use angle iron (aluminum) slides bolted  to
the side bars of the rack.
The really cool ones have drawer pulls mounted in there to make maintenance
EASY...