[AMRadio] R 388

John Lawson jpl15 at panix.com
Wed Jul 11 20:39:06 EDT 2007

On Wed, 11 Jul 2007, kk4tr wrote:

> I was wondering if there were any experts on the Collins R 388 out here on
> the reflector. I have run into a special problem that I need a bit of advice
> with.  I have had 3 of these reievers and have never run into this problem I
> have.  Any help or advice would be greatly appriciated.

   Kinda hard to know where to start without any kind of a description,
Joe.

   What seems to be the problem(s)? What are the symptoms? How did it
behave just before the problem(s) occurred? Is it constant or
intermittent?  Is it mode-dependant? Band dependant? etc etc...

   I've worked through some fairly 'special' problems with my own R-388s
and R-390s...  but always managed to get 'em fixed - especially with the
amazing assistance of the folks here on the Am Reflector...

   Cheers

John
KB6SCO
DM09fg