[AMRadio] R 388

kk4tr kk4tr at hotmail.com
Wed Jul 11 20:53:23 EDT 2007

THe problem is the band spread seems to be too wide on all bands and it has
been this way all the time.  I initially thought that all it would be is
just an adjustment on the PTO.  There was other thing that was there as well
that made think that something else was the problem.  When the Crystal
calibrator is on it shows up eactly where it is supposed to. Every 100 kcs.
All the dials a correctly calibrated but it just does not line up with the
PTO.  The PTO just doesn't have enough spread on it to encompass the
spectrum it is supposed to. It reads 100 kcs too high and when you change
the slide rule dial to correct the discrepency the pto will no go far enough
to reach the top end of the band.   I don't want to take this thing apart
unless I really have to. It is a very late model and is in pristine shape.
This is my problem.  We could chat email to email if you like so we don't
use up the reflector space.

Joe KK4TR