[AMRadio] Viking II Operating

DOXEMF at aol.com DOXEMF at aol.com
Thu Jul 12 03:00:41 EDT 2007

 The last time my VKII on the air, several years ago, I had found a remote reading digital oven thermometer with a 6 inch metal probe and a shielded cable. The probe was placed in between the 6146s and after determining where rosey plates started I could set an alarm if that temp was reached.
 Worked great and was a cheapy find.
  This could be done with thermocouples, other sensors etc but having a ready made unit was easy. Think it was a Pyrex roasting thermometer on clear-out.

 As long as the shielded cable was grounded to the transmitter chassis there was no RF interference.

Bill,
KB3DKS/1