[AMRadio] Re: R 388

kk4tr kk4tr at hotmail.com
Tue Jul 17 13:38:56 EDT 2007

Well Guys the Problem was easier than I thought it would be.  It seems that
when the last person to put the PTO in the R 388 Got everything right EXCEPT
lining up the endstop portion of the dial train with the Pto!!!  I used a
frequency counter as was suggested by one of the guys and discovered that
the PTO output was correct just a bit off   (2.75mhz to 3.75 mhz)  . I just
loosened the dial knob on the front side of the PTO turned it 1 turn clock
wise and I now have the proper positioning of the of the frequency display
on the slide rule readout. All that is left to do is center up the round khz
dial  and then do an alignment.  I want to take this opportunity to thank
all the guys especially John and Don and all the others for the valuable
advice.  Without it I think the radio would still be in the corner gathering
dust while I tried to figure out what the next step would be.  Thanks very
much guys for the help.

Joe K4TR