[AMRadio] Kill-A-Watt

Jim Candela jcandela at prodigy.net
Sat Jul 21 15:47:19 EDT 2007

Hi All,

   I just purchased the "Kill-A-Watt" meter from an Ebay seller. These
are neat because they plug into a 120v outlet, and you plug whatever you
want into this gadget. It will display:

Volts
Amps
Watts
VA
Power Factor
Frequency
Time
KWH

I paid less than $20.00 for mine..

This device looks pretty useful for evaluating all sorts of electricity
consuming devices in your house. This includes AM boat anchors!

One nice use for our transmitters is to calculate % efficiency from
power cord to antenna. With power factor correction already done, this
device makes this calculation very simple.

So lets compare say a DX-100 at 100 watts output versus a Rice Box at
100 watts output..

These are available all over including Amazon.

Regards,
Jim
JKO

Manufacturers web page: