[AMRadio] Boatanchor Transmitter FS in Salem, OR

Geoff/W5OMR ars.w5omr at gmail.com
Sat Jul 21 20:38:26 EDT 2007

crawfish wrote:
> I look to see it on epay soon. At least if someone wanted a challenge, this would
> be one. But not for $500. $200. maybe, but only after it "cooked" for awhile.

Lessee.. it's gotta have *at least* one plate transformer worth about
2500v @ half-amp, some big oil-filled caps, probabl some 866s, and a
2.5v @ a couple of amps filament transformer for them, either a pi-net
output (tuning unit and high-voltage capacitor) or plug-in coils... is
it complete?  Got a Speech-amp in front of the modulator?  Let's not
forget the tubes, sockets, filament transformers, modulation
transformer, and all that steel that the chassis are made of, and the
rack it sits inside of, and let's not forget the meters...

Everyone wants to get something for nothing.

I'd had to see the rig disassembled, but the average ham today wants to
be able to basically walk into someone's shack and take what they want,
and just walk out, like nothing happened.

I understand -why- some hams feel like they've got to set a 'limit' on
their 'estate'... there are vultures out there, ready to 'pounce' on the
poor widows of ancient hams, but if the ham knows before hand, then
perhaps he can give back to the community that gave to him.

I don't know who'll be left when I go... I think I'm the youngest one
around here (48) but trust me, that doesn't mean I want all of anyone
else's stuff when -they- go ;-)  I've got -more than enough- of my own :-)

Sounds like the rig would have been a bargain at $200.oo

Instead of looking for a Ruby in a pig pen, for less than half of what
it's going for now, perhaps a little polish and elbow grease would have
made that ol' rig shine like a Diamond in a goats... well... you get the
idea :-)

Don't get me wrong... there are those that think they can capitalize on
some gear, just because it's old.  But, the true junk collectors creed is:

" 'Tis far better to have and not want,
than to want and not have. "

--
73 = Best Regards,