[AMRadio] Boatanchor Transmitter FS in Salem, OR

Tom Elmore tom at telmore.com
Sun Jul 22 22:53:53 EDT 2007

Brett brings up a good point about age. I'm 43 and always thought I was at
the tail end of the age group that was interested in boat anchors. I figure
in another 20 years or so when I get to be 63 there may hardly anyone left
running AM to talk too. I recently lost a good ham friend unexpectedly back
in March who operated AM here in Anchorage. His XYL called me after the
funeral and said to come get his entire station it was now mine. This
included a Johnson Desk Kilowatt, Collins KWS-1, 75A4 and a real nice HB
rack AM transmitter running a 304TH in the final and 55 foot crank up tower
with 15 and 20 meter beam. I thought this would be really nice to have and
still do but the people I enjoy talking to are becoming fewer and fewer
these days.

Thank You
Thomas Elmore  KA1NVZ
Anchorage, Alaska