[AMRadio] Boatanchor Transmitter FS in Salem, OR

Geoff/W5OMR ars.w5omr at gmail.com
Mon Jul 23 04:39:46 EDT 2007

Tom Elmore wrote:
> Brett brings up a good point about age. I'm 43 and always thought I was at
> the tail end of the age group that was interested in boat anchors.

AT least I know now, I'm not so alone in my age group ;-)  Besides, I
think Brett/N2DTS in around our age group.  Slightly but not only a few
notches either way of 50 years old.  Brian/WA5AM is around the same
age...  most of the other AM'ers I know are retired and beyond.

Brett/N2DTS wrote:
> What is the average age of an AM operator?
> I would say about 60 or 70 years old...
>
> Anyone know any 20 year olds homebrewing tube stuff?

Gotta hand it to Jon/AD5HR... he's only been  a ham for about 6 yeas...
and he's building rigs.  He's talking on a homebrew rig, running a pair
of 807's modulated by a home-brewed modulator, running a pair of 807's,
and the modulator is driven by his homebrew speech-amp.  That rig, while
desktop. probably weighs in at around 1.5 lbs per watt ;-)

--
73 = Best Regards,
-Geoff/W5OMR