[AMRadio] Boatanchor Transmitter FS in Salem, OR

Todd, KA1KAQ ka1kaq at gmail.com
Mon Jul 23 11:07:39 EDT 2007

On 7/23/07, Brett gazdzinski <brett.gazdzinski at verizonbusiness.com> wrote:
> I am 49.

46 here. I think the bulk of the active AMers I know are in the 40-60
bracket, with the majority under 55. But it's true that very few seem
to be coming along behind us to take up the reigns when we leave.

As far as the HB rig, probably not a terrible price in it has a lot of
good parts. Buying HB is always a case of buying a design or layout
that someone else preferred. Usually you can't get rid of them for
real money unless it's a really nice, clean, well-built piece
utilizing top notch components.

I always find it amusing too, when someone's friend(s) who have no
real idea, insist it must be worth more. Anytime someone tells me that
this is the basis for their pricing, I ask 'did they offer to buy it
for that price?'.

Hey Tom, do you ever talk with Brian W1LYD (ex N1HUT) is Skagway? He's
big into AM and tube gear.

~ Todd,  KA1KAQ