[AMRadio] Boatanchor Transmitter FS in Salem, OR

James Cundiff dadofpetie at comcast.net
Mon Jul 23 11:39:59 EDT 2007

Hey All,
    I am new to this reflector. Just thought I would add my .02c worth
about age. I am fairly new to the hobby, getting my ticket in Feb. 01.
Since I am getting a little older myself (turned 50 on 7/19) and have no
prior experience in radio, I am drawn to the older tube gear. I was told
that if I master the tube stuff that the new things would be easier to
learn. The theory is to start out with the simple circuits and build up.
So far so good. I have a strong desire to learn this stuff and am, but
in my job (Radio Tech.) there is nothing but black box repairs. No body
has the time to teach anymore. If it is broke, just replace it! I have
been working in our radio shop for about 3 years (first year as a
trainee) and I do about 2% bench work! That is the sad part about the
hobby. The knowledge base has to diminish with so few teaching the few
that really want to learn.  It _is_ wonderful to have you great folks on
these reflectors to bail us new guys out of jams. Keep up the good work
till we can take the helm!

** This is just my opinion! Your results may vary!

If you would like to see my project list, just look me up on QRZ. 73!

In His service,
Jim Cundiff KB3GFC